Apply with your Open Science initiative now!
Do you use Open Science to make your research/teaching/learning more accessible, transparent or reproducible? Do you have an example of how you have engaged with Open Science as part of your work process(es) that you want to share to inspire others?
The ENLIGHT Open Science Award will be awarded for the first time. ENLIGHT RISE views Open Education, Open Science and their associated genuine engagement processes as key enablers to carry out the ENLIGHT R&I agenda, together with the surrounding ecosystems of the nine participating universities. We are looking for initiatives or projects that contribute to the ENLIGHT Open Science agenda, and that promote Open Science within the ENLIGHT community, network and beyond.
The ENLIGHT Open Science Award recognizes and rewards students, lecturers, researchers, scientific staff, staff members, individuals or groups affiliated to one of the nine ENLIGHT Universities who either
- have used Open Science to make their research/teaching/learning/work more accessible, transparent or reproducible,
- have initiated an activity on Open Science at their institution,
- support the ENLIGHT community to adopt and implement Open Science practices and/or principles in their work.
Up to two initiatives/projects that serve as an example for others will be selected by an ENLIGHT committee. The awards will be handed over to the winners at the ENLIGHT Open Science Webinar by the ENLIGHT Open Science ambassadors on 25 April 2023. The winners will be invited to showcase their projects during the award ceremony and the projects will also be announced on the ENLIGHT website and newsletter.
How to apply: Please submit a description of your initiative or project that shows how you engage with Open Science. Submissions that explore challenges are as welcome as those that have positive experiences and successful outcomes. We are looking for inspiring and realistic accounts for using Open Science as part of the research/teaching/work process.
The 2023 call for applications opens on 11 January 2023 and will close on 28 February 2023. Winners will be informed by 1 April 2023. The ENLIGHT committee will rank the submissions and the two selected initiatives/projects will each showcase their project and receive a prize at the Ambassador webinar on Open Science practices on 25 April 2023 (1-2pm CET).
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Each ENLIGHT Open Science award recognizes the Open Science initiative/project of the successful awardees. More concretely, it provides:
- Increased visibility to your Open Science approach and project through the ENLIGHT website, ENLIGHT social media, international workshops and conferences (e.g. ENLIGHT Open Science Ambassador Webinar);
- Travel support of 750 Euro to attend relevant international workshops/conferences where the OS activities and ENLIGHT are presented (e.g. poster, presentation). These workshops/conferences could be identified by either the awardee or the ENLIGHT Open Science team. ENLIGHT payment of workshops/conferences attendance is conditional on prior consent by the ENLIGHT Open Science team and valid for one individual (or one representative in case of project teams) per awarded initiative/project over the course of the 2023/2024 period;
- The possibility of being part of a wide-reaching network of ENLIGHT universities, in close contact with the ENLIGHT Open Science ambassadors and with the possibility of connecting also with other Open Science networks where ENLIGHT is represented.
- The opportunity to support and influence ENLIGHT Open Science activities (e.g. speaker at webinars/events).
Further information regarding the application