Date of Workshop: 15 March 2023
Time: 9-12 o’clock CET
Venue: online via Zoom, link is provided after registration
Registration via: https://doit.medfarm.uu.se/bin/kurt3/kurt/87824
Registration open 24 February 2023 – 15 March 2023
The workshop will explain, in some depth, the steps, regulations, workload, challenges, needs and possibilities regarding the connection of digital research infrastructures with European infrastructures (such as disciplinary research infrastructures or the European Open Science Cloud) by looking at selected examples.
Questions that will be addressed at the workshop include:
- How will connected research infrastructures enable Open Science among ENLIGHT partners?
- Do all service/data providers face similar challenges?
- What are the lessons learned from the “connecting experiences”, and how can these be taken into account for future OS activities within the ENLIGHT network?
Takeaways will be a deeper understanding of challenges, possibilities and obstacles of current connecting processes and concrete examples of how ENLIGHT partners can translate this into their current and future OS strategies.
Who is this workshop for?
The workshop addresses the ENLIGHT community, and in particular those who are:
- persons who interested in building an ENLIGHT Open Science network that serves the needs of the users.
- researchers, research and infrastructure managers engaged in setting up infrastructure services within their institutions and who can provide insights.
- researchers that would like to step up or strengthen their research impact through Open Science and the use of connected research infrastructures.
- teachers and students who are interested in learning more about the opportunities provided by the use of digital research infrastructures and services that support Open Science.
9.00-9.15 Welcome & Moderation by Margaretha Andersson, University of Uppsala
Sally Chambers (Ghent University)
“Opportunities, Challenges and Lessons learned from Integration Processes: the DARIAH perspective”
Wolmar Nyberg Åkerström (NBIS / Uppsala University)
“Interoperability in the life sciences: Converging on practices for sharing research information and tools”
10.15-10:30 coffee break
Katarina Öjefors-Stark (SciLifeLab Data Centre)
“Data sharing on the Pandemic Preparedness Portal- lessons learned”
Roksana Wilk (ACC Cyfronet AGH)
“Challenges of onboarding into EOSC - from EOSC perspective”