MAKE NEW FRIENDS, NETWORK, AND GET TO KNOW NEW ENVIRONMENTS AND CULTURES!
Are you planning to come to Göttingen University in Germany?, or would you like to network with students from Göttingen University? Then the virtual exchange “Göttingen Intercultural Connections” is just right for you!
GÖTTINGEN INTERCULTURAL CONNECTIONS is an online workshop that gives you the opportunity to network and learn from and with other (international) students from Göttingen University and from partner institutions around the world. In a virtual exchange format, you will come together in five interactive sessions to learn and discuss about culture, stereotypes, campus life and other related topics. What makes this workshop unique is that you will not only participate in facilitated discussion and reflection sessions, but also in movement units. The movement sessions reflect about core intercultural topics such as non-verbal communication and dealing with uncertainty and surprise.
You will have the opportunity to experience authentic intercultural interactions, build your intercultural competence and create worldwide connections. Through guided sessions, you will develop intercultural communication and online collaboration skills including:
- fostering cultural self-awareness,
- practicing active listening and empathy,
- preparing a final reflective presentation.
The workshop is designed for:
- Students who would like to spend a semester abroad
- International students who are coming to Göttingen or have just arrived in Göttingen for a semester exchange
- Students who are not yet able to travel, but who would like to have an international and intercultural experience with their peers.
The sessions will be held every two weeks via Zoom. During the session, you will be asked to speak and turn on your camera for certain activities. For smooth participation, you will need a computer with a microphone and camera and log in from a place where you feel comfortable to speak and stand up. Before each session, you will complete short assignments on the online learning platform, either on your own or in a small group. The expected workload is three hours per session.
- At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of participation.
- Students enrolled at Göttingen University can earn 3 ECTS for key competencies by submitting a reflection portfolio.
Costs: Students who have not enrolled for a semester as exchange students at Göttingen University must enroll for the workshop as guest students. For up to four weekly lecture hours the cost is 75€.
Registration: Please register here until April 15, 2022
Trainer team: Johanna El Ouardy, intercultural trainer, and Jan Hartling- Knaak, dance instructor
Workshop dates: April 27, May 11 / 25, June 8 / 22, 2022, 14:00-16:00 CEST