About the course
In this seminar, future teachers from Göttingen meet teaching students of a partner university in the online classroom. They exchange ideas and experiences through interactive methods and guided discussions on the topic of innovative teaching and learning skills. Further, they can gather virtual intercultural experiences. After 4 video sessions, they get together for an on-campus week, where they create their own podcast/video on innovative teaching and learning.
Students can combine professional competence and creativity in a product by synthesizing results, controversies and their own ideas or positions on the topic in media format (podcast or video), going beyond the limits of their everyday communication routines and experimenting with creative aesthetic variants of (media) design.
(As of February 2023, might be subject to changes)
- Session 1: Ice Breaker and Introduction to the Topic
- Session 2: The Status Quo of Teaching
- Session 3: Innovation in Teaching
- Session 4: Preparing the Work Groups
- 12.11.2023: Arrival and Welcome
- 13.11.2023: Group Work Phase 1 & Teambuilding
- 14.11.2023: Visit at a local school & Group Work Phase 2
- 15.11.2023: Workshop at the Forum Wissen & Group Work Phase 3
- 16.11.2023: Field Trip
- 17.11.2023: Visit a local school & Final Group Work Phase
- 18.11.2023: Students’ presentations
- 19.11.2023: Farewell and Departure
On students’ demand: Online Session before the submission of the portfolios
Portfolio: 3 pages, English, submitted via e-mail.